Tuesday 1 January 2013

~~~ "Navarro's Notes' "Never Forgotten" 1st Installment: For All Horror Fans!..... ~~~

 

 

The Horror Hall of Fame I-III ran from 1989 to 1991. Now, this was right up my alley as I was so into horror movies at this point that it seemed all that I watched was horror movies {and Wrestling}. I was living in Scarborough {Malvern} at the time and when it came on, my VCR was rolling.  

Robert Englund aka "Freddy Krueger" was the host of all the shows. A great choice for the host, he was already a horror legend at this point. He made the show even more enjoyable in my opinion.


I always wished that I didn't tape over it because the following year living in Thorncliffe I taped what I could from the 2nd show, eventually ending up with nothing recorded after years of taping over and condensing tapes. I mention this, because now you can't find all of one or two places were you can get copies of the shows now. Otherwise, it's a very forgotten show with not a lot of real information on it online or anywhere else.


Again, I mention this point because there is some confusion for me as to when the show aired. I remember there being 2 shows but I don't remember a 3rd but the 3rd is being listed as something that I could have sworn was apart of either the 1st or 2nd show. I remember the original airing in 1990 not 1989. The fall of 1990 to be exact.


Nonetheless, I loved the show!!! It totally made me love the idea that there was a Hall of Fame for Horror movies and some of my favorite movies were inducted over the course of the 3 shows.  Below, I provide some clips & images from the shows. Please enjoy, meet you at the bottom for my closing thoughts.

 
 


 

 

 




~~~ Special Thank You To Matt Over at X-Entertainment 
For Some Of The Cool Images & The Super Cool Videos Above & Below ~~~ 
 
 













 

 

Well everyone, there it is. In a nutshell, all 3 Horror Hall of Fames. I hope that you enjoyed this little blast from the past especially if your a Horror fan. I will obtain these tapes from the shows and relieve all these great shows. I can't wait! :) 

There has been a few imitators to the original Horror Hall of Fame since then, but none will ever be the same. None will ever be the original, none like this Hall will...

________________________________________________________________________

* Until Next Time, Check Back For More *
__________________________________________________________________________